Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recovery Run (Also, why not thinking is good)

4.45 miles - 43:02

Recovery Run is an oxymoron. Well, partially. I do run but I don't recover. I think it's mainly done to build endurance because supposedly you get stronger when you run completely exhausted. I think this applies to all areas of life. Food is much more filling after a fast. Sleep is much more deep after you've pulled an all-nighter. I am much funnier when you've been around extremely dull people for awhile I'm sure you can think of other examples as well...

Anyway, I started out my run really lethargic but I actually ran the latter half faster then the first. I attribute this to not thinking very much once I get going. I have made not thinking an art form and it's one of my real strengths as a runner. Half the battle is in your head and if you don't use your head you've only got a half to go.

Of course the whole not thinking thing doesn't help much in school or life, but who am I to quibble...

No comments:

Post a Comment