Sunday, August 21, 2011

Manhattan Top to Bottom (Also free kayaks and hunting!)

12.21 Miles -???

Veeery close to a personal best - so much so that I'm not even sure. I decided to do my length of Manhattan run this morning and it worked really well. I took the Hudson River Greenway all the way down until I cut back in to get to a subway station. The breeze is nice but the wind tends to be against you more. It was a gorgeous morning and I had a good pace though I didn't quite know what it was. I went without a watch because my runs tend to be more relaxing and long runs aren't about speed anyway. But somehow my competitive nature still comes out in Runner Hunting.

This is not some sick stalker game that could be turned into a bad horror movie. It's just what I call it when I come up behind a runner and keep pace with in up until the time where he slows and I go right by him. It's a really good feeling. You simply have to match his pace and then outlast.  Sometimes I hunt runners for two or three miles and sometimes they pull away quickly but today was a good hunt. I kept chasing people down and outlasting them. I especially like chasing down the shirtless people. Nobody likes to see that. I'm faster than you and I'm wearing a shirt. Try it out.

Also, I was sorely tempted by the free kayaking on the Hudson that was taking place on 96th Street. I'm totally stopping for that next Sunday. Who's in? They have doubles and it looked crazy fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment