Monday, July 4, 2011

Keeping With The Program (Also, Finding Inspiration in Strange Places)

My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy.
--John Bryant

3 Miles - 28:27

I don't know who John Bryant was but I'd like to imagine that he had a very important job. Something like brain surgeon or sanitation worker. And he still felt that there should always be time to run. My program has me running four times a week: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'll try and keep up with blogging each of those days but no guarantees seeing as John Bryant said nothing about blogging.

Today out running, I stopped at this wonderful Greek columned lookout point in the middle of nowhere along the Hudson River Greenway. It's only miles from where I grew up and yet I've never seen the place until I started running. It's a nice benefit to running places you've never been, or never had time to look around. I thought I knew Central Park but every time I run there I find a different previously undiscovered nook or cranny. Apparently the lookout is called Inspiration Point. How aptly named...


No comments:

Post a Comment